Dial-A-Dealer - Home & Corporate Poker

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Horrible. Thats how it feels when you continue doing everything right and every little thing goes against you. I made about £200 in my 1st week. Sunday tournies i went deep in all. UB 200 started well, knocking out "rizen" which felt fantastic elastic. Then a minor argument with the GF convinces me a solid/tight player is making a moves on me when down to 200 players and i CALL FOR ALL MY CHIPS WITH AQ. Disgusting. 100k i go deep into, then walk into a set in a situation i cannot get out of. 20k I reraise a donkey and A9 does the spike ace jobby on the river v QQ. But i was HAPPY WITH MY PLAY.

Last night however was a debacle. 13 players left in a live satellite and i have 25k in play when ave is about 15k. 7 people get tickets, and one gets a bit of cash. I play this hand, tell me where i go wrong. Iv recently (last 2 orbits) been nicking the blinds when the SB limps on my BB. SB has about 2/3 of my stack. This time he limps and i "know" something's up. I have 93s and check. Flop comes 9A5. He checks and i do likewise. Turn displays a Q which also gives me a flush draw. He bets small, i call. River is a 3. He bets small again, i go all-in????!?!?!?!?!?!!?
FFS i must learn to flat call here, its sick that i dont. He has trip aces and im down to the felt. I then grind back up and get to the Final table with 8k. Blinds 1/2k. 1st hand i get QJs UTG+3 an have to shove. The Big stacked BB DOESNT CALL ME :)
then Get A9UTG +1 and elect to go all-in. why why why? I get called by AQ and thats that. Marvellous. Tonight has been more of the same, in the 15k 40 players left i get AJ and elect to raise. Caller, strong tight player, im in the process of shutting down when the flop comes JJK. Yummy. He checks, i bet big, he calls, turn comes a 10. He checks, i bet all-in he calls with AQ. Marvellous. WP young man.

Same old shit, different day. Glad im going away soon, need a break from poker, its consumed me entirely. My brain just never fking shuts down form inventing scenarios. eg-"How would you play 88 in the SB versus a loose aggy maniac with a bigger stack when he raises your BB from the SB and you are short stacked". Its not nice when you cant think about a whole lot else.

Ah well, on the plus side im looking forward to a couple of £200 freezeouts next week. At least i can see who's rivering me there.

2 Comments:

Blogger ShaaBoom said...

Last night however was a debacle. 13 players left in a live satellite and i have 25k in play when ave is about 15k. 7 people get tickets, and one gets a bit of cash. I play this hand, tell me where i go wrong. Iv recently (last 2 orbits) been nicking the blinds when the SB limps on my BB. SB has about 2/3 of my stack. This time he limps and i "know" something's up. I have 93s and check. Flop comes 9A5. He checks and i do likewise. Turn displays a Q which also gives me a flush draw. He bets small, i call. River is a 3. He bets small again, i go all-in????!?!?!?!?!?!!?

So the board read 9A5Q3

Just out of interest how much time did you take to make your decision?

Furthermore in the situation whereby there are 7 seats and you are well above average is there really any need to get involved? Sats as you well know are a completely different beast and I certainly would not have put my stack in jeporady there. Although you were very ul.

With regards to the a9 play automatic fold UTG.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

Was a brain fart i think. I have no idea why i got involved. As soon as i was chipped up i went and got a glass of water repeating to myself "chip away, small stolen pots to maintain stack size, no big pots against stacks that can hurt me".

Yet 1 moment of madness squandered it. In answer to how long i took to make my decision, not long enough. I know i fked up but ill live and learn.

And yeah, the A9 was a horrible move, but in terms of fold equity, once the blinds move through me, i have none, so im still uncertain that its a poor play.

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home