Dial-A-Dealer - Home & Corporate Poker

Friday, August 18, 2006

Had ANOTHER bad beat last night. Wont go into it too much (re-read thsi afterwards and realised thats a lie) but 45 players left in the 20k gauranteed and im about 10th in Chips. I raise prflop with AKs. BB calls, my image is loose/aggressive. We see the action flop of A109 rainbow. He checks, i bet 15k into a 20k pot (starting stack 75k). He raises me all-in. I sometimes fold here but recently have enforced a "play to win" mentality and dont like folding after hitting a flop. I was scared of 99 or 1010 as they were the most likely calling hands preflop. I opt to call knowing i can runner runner a backdoor str8/flush and that he could have AJ/AQ. I call, he has AQ and im down to 20k after he makes a straight on the river. If that hand had held up, i would have had 140k, chip leader approaching bubble time.Next hand i get A7s, all-in. I get 1 caller, our hero mateyboy. He has A5o. We split on a straighting board. Next hand after the break i find 77 UTG+1. UTG limps, but iv seen him do it with less than premium, i go all-in. Folded round to the button who re-raises up to 40k. Shit i think, a big pair. UTG folds and the button has A9s. A horrible re-raise on his part, given the UTG limper and a decent ace is within my ai range. Of course he hits on the river to send yet another crushing defeat my way. 471 runners last night, and AGAIN i go very deep only to lose. BUT i did get outdrawn rather than donk my chips off. Something positive to take from last night. If it wasnt for bad luck id have no luck at all.


Another interesting note, i played a fantastic £.50/£1.00 £50 NL cash game at luton the other night. We played shorthanded and my word the play was AWFUL. I saw numerous £500+ pots won with shite. I lost of course, but im blaming tiredness, it was 4.30am.

gl all

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're playing well mate. Hopefully that big win is just around the corner.
Are you going to play Luton this weekend?
Dave

7:40 AM  
Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Nice call with the A-K.

Julian Thew says too many players fold hands like these because they are scared of a small number of hands - maybe it's because he makes these calls that he so often has the chip lead.

Hard luck.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

P.M.A (Positive Mental Attitude)
You have the game , just need the P.M.A and a little fortune and you're sorted :)

Paul

12:47 AM  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

Thanks for comments, will try and practice PMA rather than watching the screen shouting "no 6! no 6!, no fucking 6" ;)

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home