Dial-A-Dealer - Home & Corporate Poker

Friday, December 28, 2007

Yummy. Really back in the zone atm and happy with my game. Been posting a few hands here and there for feedback but the problem is i get the same type of people responding all the time. Either know it all's or plain insults. I dont particularly care about the outcome of the hand, i just like other people's opinions on whether a certain line could be improved upon. I have too big an ego to accept someone elses viewpoint most of the time. Also, they tend to view the hands from a great distance and in a vacuum even the worst players can play a hand great at times.

Anyway, heres 2 hands for all the lovers and haters out there. Ill give an analysis on Sunday as to why i did what i did but in the meantime feel free to comment on the action. Hopefully you will learn something and i will too.

Hand 1.

Villain has been with me for an hour. Just seen me lose a biggish pot. Appears relatively weak/passive open limping and folding to raises and cbets.
GAME #770861308: Texas Hold'em NL $2.00/$4.00 2007-12-23 22:06:39
Table Ancona
Seat 1: kidology ($175.00 in chips)
Seat 3: nikinblinds ($363.07 in chips)
Seat 5: basil979 ($458.20 in chips)
Seat 6: kokon ($145.20 in chips) DEALER
Seat 8: noiqhamster ($433.80 in chips)
Seat 10: bigbert1 ($438.80 in chips)
noiqhamster: Post SB $2.00
bigbert1: Post BB $4.00

Holecards:
Dealt to nikinblinds [ S8 S6 ]
FOLD kidology
nikinblinds : Raise $14.00
basil979: Call $14.00
FOLD kokon
FOLD noiqhamster
FOLD bigbert1

Flop:
[ D4 HQ S10 ]
nikinblinds : Bet $22.00
basil979: Call $22.00

Turn:
[ S7 ]
nikinblinds : Check
basil979: Bet $52.00
nikinblinds : Raise $150.00
basil979: Call $98.00

River:
[ D3 ]
nikinblinds : Allin $177.07


Hand 2.

Villain is fairly loose. Havent really tangled with him before but have been fairly abc whilst he has been at the table. I bought in with 50BB incase ur wondering. Not sure about all the preflop 3bet, probably should have been a little bigger. Thought he would give up most tens but really put him on a draw obv not.

GAME #768840873: Texas Hold'em NL $2.00/$4.00 2007-12-22 08:00:13
Table Lucerne
Seat 1: Ttalismann ($314.30 in chips)
Seat 3: ExecutionStyle ($524.50 in chips)
Seat 5: FooSH ($415.90 in chips)
Seat 6: fugeddaboutit ($522.10 in chips) DEALER
Seat 8: nikinblinds ($244.68 in chips)
Seat 10: sicknewlife ($466.40 in chips)
nikinblinds: Post SB $2.00
sicknewlife: Post BB $4.00

Holecards:
Dealt to FooSH [ D10 D8 ]
Dealt to nikinblinds [ CJ SA ]
FOLD Ttalismann
FOLD ExecutionStyle
FooSH : Raise $14.00
FOLD fugeddaboutit
nikinblinds: Raise $35.00
FOLD sicknewlife
FooSH : Call $23.00

Flop:
[ D3 H7 H10 ]
nikinblinds: Bet $64.00
FooSH : Call $64.00

Turn:
[ C3 ]
nikinblinds: Allin $143.68
FooSH : Call $143.68

River:
[ C8 ]

SUMMARY:
Total pot $490.36 Rake $3.00
FooSH : wins $490.36




Hand 3. This what its all about, getting the action you deserve for being out of line all the time. Helps that villain played his hand this badly, truly shocking stackoff.

GAME #768929894: Texas Hold'em NL $2.00/$4.00 2007-12-22 11:05:57
Table Four Roads
Seat 1: V905612 ($389.70 in chips)
Seat 6: noiqhamster ($336.00 in chips)
Seat 8: oxioxio ($488.40 in chips) DEALER
Seat 10: nikinblinds ($473.80 in chips)
nikinblinds: Post SB $2.00
V905612: Post BB $4.00

Holecards:
Dealt to oxioxio [ CQ HA ]
Dealt to nikinblinds [ CJ HJ ]
FOLD noiqhamster
oxioxio : Raise $16.00
nikinblinds: Raise $42.00
FOLD V905612
oxioxio : Call $28.00

Flop:
[ HQ S8 DJ ]
nikinblinds: Bet $68.00
oxioxio : Raise $152.00
nikinblinds: Allin $361.80
oxioxio : Call $277.80

Turn:
[ S10 ]

River:
[ D2 ]

SUMMARY:
Total pot $949.60 Rake $2.00
nikinblinds: wins $949.60

3 Comments:

Blogger SimonG. said...

OK I'll go first....

Your style is certainly a bit laggier than mine, so I might leaqrn something in the process as you say. Your comment on 3) is fair enough, reward for playing hands like you did in 2). Can't help feeling that you only need to give the appearance of giving action to get action - you don't need to actually give that much action! Plus, with half of the table surfing/watching TV, advertising of this kind becomes unnecesarily expensive IMHO.

Hand 1 was the biggest one to stand out. The way the hand has played out, and the river appearing to be a blank of blanks, I think you are so likely to get called here against this opponent that your bet won't show a long term profit. Lots of players think "I am going to have to bet to win here" but sometimes your fate is already sealed and this is one of those occassions where I would practice damage limitation and save the last bet.

Now you can tell me it got through... :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

I think you have to give up on hand 1 as well because way too many hands are going to look you up, especially given your image.

Hand 2 I would play it like this against certain opponents who I have notes on. You call this guy loose, is that preflop or generally? If it's a general tendency then trying to make him fold top pair aint the best plan....!

Loving Hand 3 - get similar situations all the time which makes it all worthwhile.

PKR has a way of tagging players with a little icon such as shark, fish, rock, dice etc. I have a sick desire for all opponents to tag me as a fish! :)

Glad you had a good Xmas. Got Guitar Hero off my sister and can't put the bloody thing down now!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Bazclef said...

Hand 1. Prob a muck for me pre, but I'd raise it from the CO. Meh tho. C-betting that flop is fine, especially given the reads. I bet more as standard but prob just a style thing, I'd make it $27.

Turn, I just hate the check-raise here. Your line doesn't match up for me, if I was villain I wouldn't get what you're repping. A set/2pr wouldn't bet the flop then cr the turn, particularly as you'd want to defend against draws on the turn. The 7 doesn't feel like it's connected with you in any way, unlikely your pfr'd with Q7/T7/etc. So I'd really feel you've got either 77, a FD, combo draw, or a bluff here.

I'd rather double-barrell than CR here, as the CR line reps a draw for me, but I'd probably prefer trying to see a cheap river, check-calling a mid sized bet.

River. He called your flop bet, called your CR, your all-in is for under half the pot, I think you can only fold out missed draws here and I don't think it's likely he has a draw after calling your CR. I don't think a less than half pot shove is enough to fold out any hands he's been calling this far with. I think you just have to check-fold here.



Hand 2. Great spot to 3-bet in preflop, your bet size is too small though. Needs to be >3x his raise size. $42-45 seems good here.

Flop cbet is ultra standard.

Turn. I think his "fold to flop bet %" and "call/raise/fold to continuation bet %" are pretty useful in spots like this to help determine how light he's flop calling. I'd guess a lot of $400NLers might shove in this spot with a FD and overs here, which could make it a bit less likely? I guess his range here looks like FD+overs, set, mid-PP, T9s+, float with overs, etc. If he flop calls pretty tight I'd be more inclined to give him some credit and check/fold... If he flop calls loose I might be tempted to shove as I could fold out a bigger portion of his range (floats, maybe mid PPs, FDs). With a bigger raise pre we could have eliminated the Ts from his hand more.

He'd only need to fold like half the time on the river for your bluff to show profit, I think it's pretty close. Could be profitable here.


Hand 3. nh wp.


Tough hands, I'm pretty much just talking about them but I'm really not that sure what the best plays are. I don't do postflop. ;)

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home