Dial-A-Dealer - Home & Corporate Poker

Monday, April 10, 2006

WOOHOO!
Im unashamed to just admit the biggest win of my poker career to date. I played in the 15k gtd on Tribeca last night and came third for $2.1k – get in!
This came as kind of like the icing on the cake. I was running superb with wins in every single poker session I played last week (except the HU games against Dave where he beat me with a combination of skill and ahem, vicious running cards).
Ill divulge my results for you. Given how low I was two weeks ago when I tilted away my entire bankroll, I now feel that my game is really good and with average luck I can beat most low stakes games.
This weekends results.
4*$15 SnG’s- Won 4. Got lucky when 3-way in two of these but destroyed my opponents when it got HU. My experience curve has started to fruit. I played these games as the foreground to MTT’s and I think that really suits me. 2 tables just gives you a bit more to look at, which is handy for someone with the attention span of a goldfish. These were consecutive games. That’s my best ever run of results. Amazing how many people have no experience of heads up play and simply explode.
2* $20 SnG’s- 2nn, and 4th. Played well, got outdrawn, not bothered, next case. I don’t mind getting outdrawn anymore. I take the rough with the smooth J
Cash games. Played 2 sessions Online, multi-tabling 2 or 3 .25/.50 tables at a time. Got pretty unlucky in 2 huge post, where the other person thought he was trapping and infact I was (2 pair v my top set) and then got lucky on the riv. Still logged a profit in both sessions).
Cash games live- played one session with the lads. Won about £15 aftere trying an audacious bluff with 85offsuit against Steve. The fucker never normally calls me. Seriously, iv been bluffing that guy for ages, so I thought last week id finally tell him. LOL. He wasn’t amused. He asked if I trie dbluffing other ppl at the table like Rob. I said yeah, all the time. ;) Was a good laugh and I love all the little crazy things that you can do when ur only playing for £10.
2 Freeroll MTT’s. Won $30 in one and £15 in another. Bit of a crap shoot when it gets late in these things and it appears my bullets are as effective as cotton wool in multi-way pots. When in mw pots late on now I actually type "I have aces, call if you don’t like $". And they still love calling with their mid pairs and hitting the fuckers. L
Not bad for free though.
15k gtd last night. 1 re-buy (at the beginning) and the add-on. And I never looked back. I played strong the whole way through. I stole a ton of blinds around the bubble and got healthy. I then took a hit with QQ v KK and got short-stacked but limped to the winners circle. Once I was in here, I played some of the best poker I have ever played. Proper short-stack management skills displayed with penach/e?. I don’t care, im allowed to blow my own fucking trumpet! It never ceases to amaze me as to just how many people press the self-distruct button when they get here. 470 runners, 4 hours of hard work…. so you risk your entire stack with an all-in UTG with the monster that is 66. What hands call that raise? The 2 biggies? I arrived the shortest, and stayed consistently at 6-9* the BB for ages. While all around me all hell broke loose. These guys didn’t slow down and they got into shit. If a noted strong player limps UTG with a medium stack, ALARM BELLS!!!!!! Yet last night this happened twice and JJ and QQ outdrew twice. MY hands stood up like iron. KK v AQ, AT v K9, A9 v A8, AQ v AJ. I loved it. The suckout fairy didn’t come along and paint the river an ugly shade of luck once. Its nice when that happens. I finally got a semi-stack, but I couldn’t find anything. I couldn’t even get a steal in. So I dropped again. We got down to 7. 1 guy in the cutoff I had noticed always went all-in when it was folded round to him on my BB. I knew he had labelled me and I was patient. I found A9 and he pushed on me. I called and he flipped 9,10. I won. Then I went dead for a while again till this happened. With blinds at 15/30k and my stack at 100 k the SB went ai. I have to call here as he has been at it since the dawn of time and I cannot fold as the I will only have 70lk which is not enough to even steal with.. I have J6. He flips J7. I hit 2 sixes!!!! Get in. I then went a little crazy for a bit and worked up to 400k. 2 players died. I stole and restole as now I have chips J .
Up to 600k when blue murder breaks loose. 1 big stack has tip 5s on a flop of Q52 with 2 diamonds. Other big stack has KQ diamonds. Diamond man catches and he is a HUGE leader with 1.6million. I have 600k and shortie has 200k. Shortie is Geeeaahh and big stack is G-boy. Both are good. But im ready for this I tell myself. No talk of a deal and its loco. With the combined blinds at 60k there is a lot to fight for and Geeaah goes crazy. All-in 6 hands in a row. Big stack aint bothered and is playing patiently. I find KJ and he goes ai. I ponder. Im at least live and I reckon I could be a favourite. Otherwise I know he is gonne get back up to a level where he is dangerous. I shoulda been more patient. I call he has 55. A straight race. They railbirds are at it, there is a K and a 5 on the flop. His set holds and he double through me. Fuk. I find 55 on the button after 2 orbits, I push and get called by KJ. He rivers a Jack and im out!! FUCK!!! 3rd . I made some quality moves on that table, nice re-steals, selective aggression, no limping. And it paid off. But I should have won it. No questions, I should have won it. I was better than those 2….lol
Now, you know what the good part out of all of this is? I now have a fully functional bankroll for the games I have been wanting to play. The $50 SnG’s are nice. Softer fields than the $25 ones, with a lot of action.
Ill TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SAY THANKYOU TO POKER!!!
Im going to play in the rookie night at Luton tomorrow. Im gonna win that 2 ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home