Dial-A-Dealer - Home & Corporate Poker

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

WOW. Just played a superlative cash session. One of the nicest iv ever had. Played ABC poker and good god i got paid. I guess all the time i spend fking about donating has its positives.

Trying to improve long-term focus lately, i'v found through mapping profits that the 1st hour i play is always good, then it drops off a little through the middle stage, before peaking at the end.

So iv started appliying a few tips Snoopy gave a while back, namely, much more regular breaks and no TV.

Went deep in the 20k last night but no good. I tried the right play on the wrong guy (he had a big stack and could "afford" to keep me honest). Have learnt form the mistake.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Al,

When are the festival type events at Luton starting. Is it this weekend? Tearing up the ten and twenty pounders is too easy I need a new challenge.
Congrats on the good cash session.
Definitely coming back on Saturday.

10:40 AM  
Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Good luck for the new year, Alex, good to hear it's started well.

I've started to listen to my advice more too. For me, regular breaks really is the key, cos I tend to be focused for a long period, then have one lapse that leads to me donking away a load of chips.

Be on top of your game at all times, if not, step away from the lappie and play later.

snoops

7:23 PM  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

Hi Dave, Luton Grand Challenge starts 1 week monday witha £200 FO that shouyld be fun. Go to blondepoker for more info.
Hiya snoops, thanks mate, Happy new Year too, lets hope its a good one (in the Roland de Wolfe category would be nice).

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home