Dial-A-Dealer - Home & Corporate Poker

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Luton G. Went last night for their £100 FO and had a good deal of fun whilst it lasted. Table looked like a grumpfest to begin with before Jeffrey Buffenyank sat down. Had a good giggle from then on till 2 hours later when i busted. 1st hand was fun, i open for 125 utg w 1010 and Lawrence re-pops me to 400, i cal and another random comes in. Flop 1072 rainbow. Obv i overbet the pot, Lawrence folds. Drat, AK it was then. Raised the next 7 hands on the trot, winning one of them. Also got bluffed by Lalits mate Kermit, which i wasnt happy about as i would have called if it wasnt for Jeff behind me, although in hindsight he would never have overcalled.

Next came crunch hand no.1. I raise QsJs from MP and get 3 callers. Standard, they are already banking their doubleup. Flop Jh10s5s. YumYum. I lead out big and get called by reserved indian man who is a total rock and a total gent. Hmmm KQ it is then? Or AJ. Turn comes the marginally scary 7h. Into the tank, no way this guy plays 89 to a raise. Pot bet 1.5k with 6k back, he has 4k total. River 9s. Hurrah KQ got there. All-in, insta call, m8ty has As7s. Not sure about that hand tbh, did i make a mistake somewhere? Someone please spot it and identify it for me please.

So we reloadm dwindle down then get AK in MP after rock opens UTG+2!!!!!!! I hate this but i cant operate properly with only 7k as there are two players with 20k who both think im dumb and i need their stacks to win the comp. I shove and he insta's with JJ to knock me out of another comp. I think i always make that move though. Although probably Folding>Shoving>Calling but its marginal.

Gonna go back there for some of the Grand Challenge fessy comps in a few weeks, after hopefully going to Brighton GUKPT and not having brain farts. Hopefully my FAT new Bose headphones and my Jarhead haircut (only 1 barber open on New years Eve and he obviously hated me) will give me a good disguise to fit in with the native population. Hopefuly bump into a few people i know (except Flushy, i owe him money and he's not getting it :) and have a few beers AFTER going deep.

Anyway, i forgot to mention my challenge for myself this week. Playing 1 account all week what can i turn $1k into playing as many hours as possible. Lets see shall we, anything less than 5k ill be disappointed with, $10k would be great, but im holding out for dreams of 50/100NL!!!!!!!.

Happy New Year all!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Happy New Year.
Good luck for 08

Paul

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no mention of my great play with the mighty hammer and getting called my fish!!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didnt mention what the blinds were in the AK hand, but if i was in level 3 or so ie ~ 200-400, then shoving > calling > folding without a doubt.

12:46 AM  
Blogger M3boy's Poker Blog said...

Good luck for 2008 alex.

Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Paul

2:02 AM  
Blogger Amatay said...

gl for 08 mate. Whats ur msn addy btw because i lost it as my old addy got fucking hacked

9:57 AM  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

Cheers gatsby/m3.

Anon you will get ur special mention when i next share a table with you and you try some of your patented fancy play.

Ashley blinds were 150/300. I think folding might have been best in retrospect.

alexander_martin@hotmail.co.uk Amatay m8. As i said in the blog bol in your new job and may the tables shudder with your chips stacks.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home