Dial-A-Dealer - Home & Corporate Poker

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hard graft. Been playing a lot of tournaments lately but have little/no form. Unsure why but pretty certain that its just a poor run at the moment. Obvously variance is huge in MTT's but i would have liked a win by now.

Played the Luton £10 PL game on Tuesday night. Really just a chance to let my hair down. Dave knocked me out fairly early doors after i made a bad call. Luckily for me, the welshmans form continues and he kindly offered to swap 20% with me before chopping it with Alan Geddis, a fine player. So that combined with a little profit from the cash game had me in a bouyant mood.

Beginning to think that maybe poker isnt for me long term. I'v made a few quid in the couple of months iv been playing, but the going is tough. The mental strain of winning and losing quite large amounts of money is taking a heavy toll on someone who is generally easy-going.

The good news is that next friday i go skiing- woohoo. Should be fantastic. Also, was planning to tak e me lady away to the maldives this easter for a couple of weeks. Seeing as that looks like cotsing about 3 grand, those plans are probably going to change. Egypt or Thailand look likely.
As i write im just approaching the 15k bubble, but with a shortish stack. Lets see if i can luckbox my way to a win. Seems to be what everyone else does.

2 Comments:

Blogger snoopy1239 said...

'It's not for me'... I get that feeling a lot, but then I have a nice winning session and everything's happy days again.

If you're enjoying it and you're not doing your bollox, then it's definitely for you.

Ride the storms.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

Cheers for encouragement snoops.
Love to be one of those players that just always wins/ everything they touch turns to gold......JP for example.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home