Dial-A-Dealer - Home & Corporate Poker

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Ok ok, ill update. Firstly, thankyou all for the comments, esp Kevin Stevens and of course gatsby who is still a legend lol. Anonymous, thanks buddy!

Big update as iv been lazy with this. All to do with poker now :), ill do a life/shooting one tomoz.

Last couple of weeks have been pretty fun, i chopped a small comp in Luton for a few quid, then had a decent result coming 2nd in the betfair Sunday thing for 13k. Flew out to Ireland on thursday for the macau sporting festival. Great comp, great structure and i wasnt allin once (where i was covered) till the final table exit hand.

My starting table was relatively mixed, had a good young guy to my right and the winner of the IPF on my left, a french guy who was pretty sound. Table started well, a guy i play with a lot on betfair was on my right and i flopped a set of sixes on a K106 board, he maintained lead on the turn (which put a flush draw on the board) and i raise. Villain (Pistolpeter) calls and check calls the river with a rivered 2 pair. This kinda got me going, i made a handful of 3bets and one kinda risky cold 4b on the button which got through and was flying. I then open from the cutoff w AQs and the SB instacalls. Flop K3s4s and i bet/call a small raise. Turn A, i c/c and river bricks. Obv on the turn i think im pretty much a lock and then get letoff when villain checks back the river with AK!!! Ty sir.

I then hit some big hands etcetc and was at 45k by level 4 (starting stack 15k). I then obv get moved sigh. I get involved in a few spots with another bigger stack and kind of got the feeling he was trying to school me, so it was bound to get messy. I open the button to 550 with QJcc and he defends (100/200 blinds). Flop 994c and villain check calls a 800 bet. Turn is a King and now he checkraises me from like 2200 to 5600 with about 14k back. I kinda reason he rarely has a nine and is pulling a move so, erm, shove with a gutshot and he has Q9 and i dont get there. WP martin.

The good thing is my image is now nuts. The button opens and i call with 88. Flop A82, sweeet. I check, villain checks. Turn is a Jack. I bet biiiiig (1400 into 1200) and to my suprise he raises to 7800. I have 30k and villain has about 23k. Yipppeee he has AJ (always look on the bright side imo) and shove. He calls me with A8, which i seriously think is a terrible call, but he can justify it because i made some donkish moves earlier.

I finished day one in ok shape, had a few beers with fintan gavin and the galway boys, got slater for being english a lot then played day two, accumulated a lot then lost a big pot 2 tables out with KK v QQ which shut me down a little. I made the final but a little short. Now heres the good bit, suzanne came with me and simply wouldnt let me go and get drunk!!! So i woke up on sunday, went to the gym, had a nice breakfast and felt so much better! ty baby!

Final was a mixed linup, 2 fish present, but i was oop to derek and manus who were the ones i was scared of, so couldnt open raise much with 18bb at 1st. Lost two races with 22 v J7 and KQ v 56 then got a little short.

Ok this is getting boring, i made the final in 7th spot, finished 6th and its my first major final so a big fat monkey off my back wahhay. I then played a little plo and managed to get mick mclosky allin with 6 outs on the flop (thats tough v a rock) but he got there sigh. Then went and got pissed obv and luckily got allowed on the plane.

So a good couple of weeks, probably gonna try to play either DTDME or Luton, not sure which yet but hopefully ill see some of you in the near future. Keep the comments coming, good, bad, or ugly.

9 Comments:

Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Playing to shite to be a legend, or anywhere near it, or anywhere remotely decent for that matter :|

4:34 AM  
Blogger Amatay said...

n1 fishay

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wd, good blog - shame u dont update more. If you tried harder a Gatsby award could be in your sights.

GreekStein

10:41 AM  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

lol, with fish like amatay out there writing every day and ppl like pab shipping the gukpt ME what chance do i have?

in seriousness though, iv won the gatsby award twice. :)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How much did you get for the final table?

I love this blog, every 'man poker is fucking awful I quit' post is followed by a 'yeah, so anyway, i win 13k on betfair and fly out to ireland and make a final table, sigh'

Get yourself to the European Deepstacks next year, 1000 big blinds boyeeeee

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent display of bouncebackability Sir, WP.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

You playing PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker ???

Details on blog
gl gl

5:08 AM  
Blogger goooooood girl said...

your blog is very nice......

4:25 PM  
Blogger nhggfu said...

wat. u didn't mention this on msn fish. finally 1 time live poker!

howmuch did u ship for 6th?
I guess i'll go look on thm like an internet poker saddo... :D

WPWPWPWP

laters

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home